View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- High-Bandwidth Arbitrary-Waveform Generator Reference Design: DC or AC Coupled
(PDF 1081 KB)
18 Nov 2016 340 views
In TIDA-00684 reference design a quad-channel TSW3080 evaluation module (EVM) is developed to shows how to use an active amplifier interface with the DAC38J84 to demonstrate an arbitrary-waveform-generator frontend. The DAC38J84 provides four DAC channels with 16 bits of resolution with a maximum update rate of 2.5 GSPS. The THS3217 provides a wideband differential-to-single-ended output. The THS3095 provides a high dynamic range output of up to 26 VP-P. The LMH5401 provides a very wideband differential output. All of these paths provide a DC-coupled interface with the ability to drive 50 Ω at a high-performance level. The design also includes a reference transformer path for comparison purposes.
- Wideband (500 MHz), DC-coupled active interface, capable of 5 Vp-p signal swing
- 50 MHz passband channel capable of 26 Vp-p signal swing
- Wideband (1.0 GHz), DC-coupled signal path
- All channels optimized for driving 50 ohms impedance loads
- Available onboard clocking with an option for external clocking