IEEE802.15.4 Medium Access control (MAC) software stack
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
TIMAC - IEEE802.15.4 Medium Access Control (MAC) Software Stack
To download the free tools download click the "Get Software" button above. By subscribing, we will be able to notify you of updates when they become available and provide instructions on how to perform the update.
- Support for IEEE 802.15.4-2006
- Multiple Platforms: CC2630, CC2538, CC2530 and CC2531 wireless MCUs, CC2592 and CC2590 range extenders
- Star topology: point-to-point, one-to-many and data concentrator
- Synchronous (beacon) and asynchronous (non-beacon) modes
- Network security features
- Co-processor configuration for adding connectivity to any MCU or MPU, with Linux host middleware and console application
- Easy Application Development guided through sample applications showcasing the stack APIs
- TIMAC is certified to be compliant with the IEEE 802.15.4 standard
TIMAC is distributed as object code free of charge. There are no royalties for using TIMAC.
TIMAC is compiled using compilers from IAR. Evaluation version of the IAR compiler can be downloaded from www.iar.com
Free Evaluation Tool Description
TIMAC is an IEEE 802.15.4 Medium Access Control software stack for TI IEEE 802.15.4 transceivers and System-on-Chips.
You can use TIMAC when you:
- Need a wireless point-to-point or point-to-multipoint solution (e.g. multiple sensors reporting directly to a master
- Need a standardized wireless protocol
- Have battery powered and/or mains powered nodes
- Need support for acknowledgement and retransmission
- Have low data rate requirements (Around 100 kbps effective data rate)