50-W Stereo Analog Input Class-D Audio Amplifier Evaluation Module
The TPA3116D2 evaluation module showcases TI’s 50-W Stereo Analog Input Class-D Audio Amplifier with a small number of external components mounted on a circuit board that can be used to directly drive a speaker with an external analog audio source as the input; the evaluation module can also be configured as a 100-W, Class-D mono audio amplifier in PBTL mode.
System designers can quickly evaluate TPA3116D2’s sound quality and verify system specifications with the TPA3116D2EVM evaluation module. The TPA3116D2EVM User's Guide contains the schematic, layout and bill of materials for a reference design.
- 2x50W into 4Ω at 24V with <1% THD+N in Stereo BTL mode
- 1x100W into 3Ω at 24V with 10% THD+N in Mono PBTL mode
- Wide supply voltage range: 4.5V to 26V
- Wide Switching Rates 400 kHz – 1.2 MHz
- Four Selectable, Fixed Gain Settings
- Integrated Self-Protection Circuits Including Overvoltage, Undervoltage, Overtemperature, DCDetect and Short Circuit with Error Reporting