UCD3138 Digital Power Factor Correction Pre-regulator Evaluation Module
The Texas Instruments UCD3138PFCEVM-026 evaluation module (EVM) is a digitally controlled single phase PFC pre-regulator based on the UCD3138 programmable digital power controller. The EVM accepts universal ac line input from 90Vac to 264Vac, 47Hz to 63Hz. The nominal output voltage is 390VDC. Output full load power is 360W, with extremely high power factor over 0.999 and low THD below 5% for most operating conditions. The protection features of the EVM include brown-out, output over-voltage, and power-on surge current limit. The EVM can be reconfigured into a dual-phase interleaved PFC or bridge-less PFC topologies with hardware and firmware updates. The EVM can be also reprogrammed with custom firmware, allowing users to add functions suited to their needs.
The EVM is supplied with a UCD3138CC64EVM-030 Control Card. This card is pre-programmed with single-phase PFC firmware developed by Texas Instruments. The EVM also includes a USB-TO-GPIO Interface Adapter to download firmware and program the UCD3138 controller in the EVM.
- Universal AC Line Input from 90 VAC to 264 VAC with AC Line Frequency 47 Hz to 63 Hz
- Regulated Output 390 VDC with Output from No-Load to Full-Load
- Full-Load Power 360 W, or full-Load Current 0.92 A
- High Power Factor and extremely Low THD even at light load (below 5% in most operation conditions)
- Innovative ZVS/Valley Switching Algorithm to boost light load efficiency and reduce THD
- Multiple Protections: Over Voltage, Over Current, Brownout, Power-On Inrush Current
- Easily Re-Configurable to Dual-Phase Interleaved PFC or Bridgeless PFC