SafeTI system design packages for functional safety
SafeTI™ design packages for functional safety applications are used in a variety of safety-related applications, including industrial machinery, industrial process, medical, automotive, rail, and aviation. SafeTI products help TI customers get to market quickly with safety critical systems targeting compliance to safety standards such as ISO 26262, IEC 61508, and IEC 60730.
Over 20 years of safety critical development expertise, industry collaboration, and proven hardware.Download
SafeTI™ design packages help designers meet industry standard functional safety requirements while managing both systematic and random failures. Using SafeTI components helps make it easier for customers to achieve applicable end-product safety certification and get to market quickly with their safety critical systems which are pervasive in our world today.SafeTI NDA Documentation Request Form
TI's SafeTI™ Design Packages for Functional Safety Applications
- SafeTI-61508 products are developed to support compliance to the IEC 61508:2010 standard by application of relevant hardware, software, and/or tool requirements at component level.
- SafeTI-26262 products are developed to support compliance to the ISO 26262:2011 standard by application of relevant hardware, software, and/or tool requirements at component level following Safety Element out of Context (SEooC) methodology.
- SafeTI-60730 software libraries are developed to support compliance to the IEC 60730:2008 standard.
- SafeTI-QM products are quality managed (QM) products which do not meet all applicable requirements of IEC 61508 or ISO 26262 functional safety standard requirements as applied at component level but include features attractive for use in compliant functional safety systems with appropriate measures carried out in the system design.
The following table lists currently available SafeTI products.
|Product Type||Product Name||SafeTI-61508||SafeTI-26262||SafeTI-60730||SafeTI-QM|
|MSP4305xx 5xx home page||No||No||Yes||No|
|Power and Sensor Interface ASSP||TPIC7218||No||No||N/A||Yes|
|Sensor Signal Conditioner||PGA400||No||No||N/A||Yes|
Standards Compliance for SafeTI Products and/or Processes
Where indicated, SafeTI products and/or processes have been assessed and certified compliant to specific functional safety standards by independent 3rd party assessors.
|IEC 60730||20130412-E352502 and 20130415-E352502|
|TMS570LS20x/10x MCUs||IEC 61508:2010 SIL 3||TI 1204073 C001|
|SafeTI Development Process for IEC 61508 and ISO 26262 Compliant Hardware Components||IEC 61508 -1:2010; SIL 3
IEC 61508-2:2010; SIL3
ISO 26262-2:2011; ASIL D
ISO 26262-5:2011; ASIL D
|Q4B 13 03 84071 001|
TI’s SafeTI technical documentation helps decrease development and certification time. The are four types of documents available for select SafeTI products: Safety Manual, Safety Analysis Report Summary, Detailed Safety Analysis Report, and Safety Report.
The Safety Manual summarizes the product safety architecture and recommended usage.
The Safety Analysis Report Summary provides summary safety analysis data including safety metrics calculated at the component level for targeted functional safety standards.
The Detailed Safety Analysis Report provides detailed safety analysis data including safety metrics calculated at the sub-component level for targeted functional safety standards. This report also includes tools to calculate safety metrics tailored for a customer's specific implementation of the SafeTI product.
The Safety Report includes a summary of compliance to the relevant requirements of targeted functional safety standards as well as the results of any completed assessment or certification activities.
A full list of available safety documents can be found in each product's TI.com product page. Examples of SafeTI documents include:
- Safety Manual for RM57x Hercules ARM Safety Critical MCUs
- Safety Manual for RM48x Hercules ARM Safety Critical MCUs
- Safety Manual for RM46x Hercules ARM Safety Critical MCUs
- Safety Manual for RM42x Hercules ARM Safety Critical MCUs
- Safety Manual for TMS570LC43x Hercules ARM Safety Critical MCUs
- Safety Manual for TMS470M Hercules ARM Safety Critical MCUs
- Safety Manual for TMS570LS31x/21x Hercules ARM Safety Critical MCUs
- Safety Manual for TMS570LS12x/11x Hercules ARM Safety Critical MCUs
- Safety Manual for TMS570LS04x/03x Hercules ARM Safety Critical MCUs
- Safety Manual for TMS570LS20x/10x Hercules ARM Safety Critical MCUs
- Safety Analysis Reports
- Safety Reports