10.1 Layout Guidelines
Use these layout recommendations when designing a PCB for the DRV8301-Q1.
- The DRV8301-Q1 makes an electrical connection to GND through the PowerPAD. Always check to ensure that the PowerPAD has been properly soldered (See PowerPAD™ Thermally Enhanced Package application report, SLMA002).
- PVDD bypass capacitors should be placed close to their corresponding pins with a low impedance path to device GND (PowerPAD).
- GVDD bypass capacitor should be placed close its corresponding pin with a low impedance path to device GND (PowerPAD).
- AVDD and DVDD bypass capacitors should be placed close to their corresponding pins with a low impedance path to the AGND pin. It is preferable to make this connection on the same layer.
- AGND should be tied to device GND (PowerPAD) through a low impedance trace/copper fill.
- Add stitching vias to reduce the impedance of the GND path from the top to bottom side.
- Try to clear the space around and underneath the DRV8301-Q1 to allow for better heat spreading from the PowerPAD.