The devices requires only external bypass capacitors to operate. These low-ESR ceramic bypass capacitors must be placed as close to the chip pads as possible.
Figure 10-2 Typical ISOW7841 Circuit Hook-Up
Optional 100 µF capacitor can be added between VCC
and GND1; refer to Section 11
The VCC power-supply input provides power to isolated data channels and to the isolated DC-DC converter. Use Equation 1 to calculate the total power budget on the primary side.
Equation 1. ICC = (VISO × IISO) / (η × VCC) + Iinpx
- ICC is the total current required by the primary supply.
- VISO is the isolated supply voltage.
- IISO is the external load on the isolated supply voltage.
- η is the efficiency.
- VCC is the supply voltage.
- Iinpx is the total current drawn for the isolated data channels and power converter when data channels are toggling at a specific data rate. This data is shown in the Section 7.9 table.