12.1 Layout Guidelines
Figure 61 illustrates an example of a PCB layout for a data-acquisition system using the REF62xx. Some key considerations are:
- Connect low-ESR, 0.1-μF ceramic bypass capacitors between the VIN pin and ground.
- Place the REF62xx output capacitor (CL) and the ADC as close to each other as possible.
- Run two separate traces between VOUT_F, VOUT_S and the output capacitor, as shown in Figure 61.
- Short the GND_F and GND_S pins with a solid plane, and extend this plane to connect to the output capacitor CL, as shown in Figure 61.
- Use a solid ground plane to help distribute heat and reduces electromagnetic interference (EMI) noise pickup.
- Place the external components as close to the device as possible. This configuration prevents parasitic errors (such as the Seebeck effect) from occurring.
- Do not run sensitive analog traces in parallel with digital traces. Avoid crossing digital and analog traces if possible, and only make perpendicular crossings when absolutely necessary.