Sitara processors – Design & development
Software for Sitara processors
TI provides key runtime software components and documentation for the Sitara processor platform. Software development kits (SDK) can be downloaded on TI.com for free, and are included with TI evaluation modules (EVM) and development kits. SDKs for Sitara processors require no runtime royalties. They include board support packages (BSPs), tools, demos, documentation and more. O/S independent support includes peripheral-specific libraries, drivers, and application examples.
The TI Processor SDK is a unified software platform for TI’s newest processor families.
- Features scalable Linux, TI-RTOS and Android support
- Includes complete board support packages, documentation, libraries, benchmarks, utilities, and code examples
- Allows you to seamlessly reuse and migrate software across TI processor families
- Maintained and released on a quarterly basis
- Downloadable from TI's website, free of charge
- Supported by TI's E2E forums
- Benefits from the ongoing TI contributions, via upstreamed patches, to Mainline Linux
Processor Linux SDK features:
- Updated to the latest Long Term support (LTS) Linux kernel, boot loader and Yocto file system on an annual basis
- U-Boot community boot loader
- Robust, commercial-grade Linaro® GNU compiler collection (GCC) toolchain
- Yocto Project™ OE Core compatible file systems support enables tailored Linux application support
- RT-Linux releases include a fully pre-emptible kernel for real-time applications
Processor SDK TI-RTOS features:
- Robust real-time TI-RTOS kernel including TCP/IP networking stack
- Posix thread-compatible API layer available
- Driver libraries that can be used with TI-RTOS or without a kernel
- Free and available as open source
Processor SDK Android features:
- Updated to the latest Long Term support (LTS) Linux kernel and boot loader on an annual basis
- U-Boot bootloader support
- Google Android GNU compiler collection (GCC) tool chain
- Includes a complete application framework
- Allows for easy integration of customer developed applications via Java
Accelerated DSP Libraries
Adding optimized DSP processing to your application can be as easy as calling a library function. Click on any of the processing areas below to download libraries, see benchmarks and find more information.
Linux consultants and commercial Linux providers
For additional support or expertise, you can purchase a commercially supported distribution from a TI partner. These partners also offer a broad range of Linux-related services including training, power management, wireless LAN drivers, GUI development and more.
Android and Windows support
Visit Witekio for commercial Android and Windows support of TI devices.
Kits and evaluation modules for Sitara processors
Sitara processors offer a variety of hardware options to facilitate development, including evaluation modules and reference designs.
Development tools for Sitara processors
Integrated Development Environment, compilers, and tool chains from TI and TI Design Network members.
Code Composer Studio™ IDE
Code Composer Studio IDE is a complete, Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE) that supports all Sitara processors and the rest of TI's embedded processing portfolio, offering a consistent development experience.
When using Code Composer Studio IDE with a Sitara processor, a unique and powerful set of plug-ins and tools are made available to fully leverage the Sitara processor.
These free tools are downloadable from ti.com and help you further tweak your design to your specific needs.
Pin Mux Tool
Windows-based software tool which provides a Graphical User Interface for configuring pin multiplexing settings, resolving conflicts and specifying I/O cell characteristics. Results are output as C header files.
Power Estimation Tool
Gain insight in to the power consumption of Sitara processors. The tool includes the ability for the user to choose multiple application scenarios and understand the power consumption as well as how advanced power saving techniques can be applied to further reduce overall power consumption.