I2C 5-A, 1-4 cell buck-boost charger with dual-input and USB PD 3.0 OTG output evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- BQ25790EVM (BMS027) Evaluation Module User's Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 2407 KB)
08 Jul 2020
The BQ25790EVM evaluation module (EVM) is a fully assembled and tested circuit for evaluating the BQ25790 device. The BQ25790 is an integrated switched-mode buck-boost battery charge management device intended for 1-series to 4-series cell li-ion and li-polymer batteries. The charger features a narrow VDC architecture (NVDC) which allows the system to be regulated to a minimum value even if the battery is completely discharged. With USB input source detection, dual input source selection, USB OTG support, and an integrated 16-bit multi-channel analog-to-digital converter (ADC), the BQ25790 is a complete charging solution.
- Synchronous switch mode buck-boost charger for 1s~4s battery configuration for 5-A charging with 10-mA resolution
- Support for 3.6-V to 24-V wide range of input sources with MPPT, USB auto-detect, USB PD and wireless input
- Dual input source selector to drive bi-directional blocking NFETs
- Power-up USB port from battery (USB OTG) with 2.8-V to 22-V OTG output voltage with 10-mV resolution
- Low battery quiescent current with <5 µA at battery only operation and <1 µA in charger shutdown mode
- This circuit design is tested and includes GUI and user's guide