CEM-to-SlimSAS PCI-Express® 4.0 adapter card evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- CEM2SLIMSAS-EVM Adapter Board User's Guide
(PDF 1983 KB)
06 Feb 2020
CEM2SLIMSAS-EVM is a PCI-Express 4.0 x16 to two x8 SlimSAS (SFF-8654) adapter. It enables DS160PR810EVM-RSC and other Texas Instruments PCI-Express 4.0 redriver or retimer riser card evaluation modules to interface to up to four U.2 solid state drives (SSDs) using comercially available SlimSAS (SFF-8654) to U.2 (SFF-8639) cable assemblies. It features Texas instruments LMK00334 PCI-Express 4.0 clock buffer for distributing the PCI-Express 100 MHz reference clock to downstream SSDs. It also allows flexible assignment of the PCI-Express side band signals using jumpers.
- Supports PCI-Express 4.0 1 x4, 2 x4, and 4 x4 bifurcation
- Two x8 SlimSAS (SFF-8654) connectors
- LMK00334 PCI-Express 4.0 clock buffer
- Flexible assignment of PCI-Express side band signals