The DRV8711 is a stepper motor controller using external N-channel MOSFETs to drive a bipolar stepper motor or two brushed DC motors. A microstepping indexer is integrated, supporting up to 1/256 microstep. The DRV8711 is capable of providing ultra-smooth motion profile, and motor stall can be monitored with onboard LED.
The DRV8711EVM is a complete solution for evaluating the DRV8711 stepper motor controller. The DRV8711 is simply programmed and controlled by the MSP430 through the GUI that is available for download in the DRV8711EVM tool folder. Power is provided externally, up to 52V, through the power header. A stepper motor is included in the EVM for controller performance evaluation. GUI defaults to optimum settings matched to the included motor. The EVM can also be configured to drive dual DC motor through a PWM control tab on the GUI.
- Built-in 1/256-step microstepping indexer
- N-channel NexFET power MOSFETs
- Ultra-smooth motion profile
- Integrated stall detection reported on logic-level output pin
- Complete protection and diagnosis
- User-friendly GUI
- Stepper motor included
- Configurable for dual DC motor control