K2E Development Board
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- EVMK2E Evaluation Module Quick Start Guide
(PDF 9014 KB)
22 May 2019
- EVMK2E Technical Reference Manual
(PDF 10326 KB)
14 Nov 2018
- 66AK2Ex KeyStone Multicore DSP+ARM(R) System-on-Chips (Rev. A)
(PDF 216 KB)
03 Sep 2014
The EVMK2EX is a full-featured development tool for 66AK2Exx and AM5K2Exx KeyStone II based SoCs. Get started developing general purpose embedded computing systems for industrial, mission critical, and networking applications today with this double-wide AMC form-factor evaluation board featuring a single 66AK2E05 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 processor with one C66x DSP.
The kit comes with a comprehensive software including Code Composer Studio Integrated Development Environment version 5 (CCS v5), TI’s Multicore Software Development Kit (MCSDK) featuring Linux support for the ARM cores and SYS/BIOS RTOS support for the DSP core, chip support libraries, network development kit, and out of box demonstration software.
Robust on-board connectivity options include dual 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, UART over USB miniB, and PCIe and SATA over 170 pin B+ style AMC interface. A large amount of on-board memory, including DDR3, NAND and NOR flash, gives developers additional flexibility. The board additionally supports on-board (XDS200) or external emulation.
Additional interfaces, including 1Gb and 10Gb Ethernet, HyperLink, PCIe, and SATA, can be accessed with two break out cards from Mistral Solutions.
- Example Applications- Avionics, embedded industrial controls, embedded networking, industrial routing & switching, and general purpose embedded computing systems
- Board size- Double Wide PICMG ® AMC form factor (7.11” x 2.89”)
- DDR memory- 4GB ECC DDR3 1600 SO-DIMM
- Development environment- DCode Composer StudioTM version 5 (CCS v5)
- Ethernet- On-board dual 10/100/1000 SGMII Ethernet
- Emulation- On-board XDS200, support external emulation through MIPI 60-pin connector
- Memory- 4GB DDR3, 512MB NAND Flash, 128MB NOR Flash
- More info- Product Details
- Processor- 1.25GHz 66AK2E05 Quad-Core ARM Cortex A-15 + C66x DSP
- USB- 1-port USB 3.0, USB mini
|Looking for assistance?
Check out these resources:
|Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4|
|Read the EVMK2E Quick-Start Guide||Reference the EVMK2E Hardware Setup Guide or MCSDK Getting Started Guide||Download the EVMK2E Design Files||Visit the E2E Support Community|
- 1 EVMK2EX
- USB cable for on-board JTAG emulation
- 4-pin to 9-pin serial cable
- Ethernet cable
- Software (via 8GB USB flash drive)
- EVMK2EX Quick Setup Guide