Synchronous buck controller evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LM5146-Q1EVM User's Guide
(PDF 1569 KB)
10 Aug 2018
The LM5146-Q1-EVM12V high density evaluation module (EVM) is designed to showcase the performance of the LM5146-Q1 high performance, synchronous buck DC-DC buck controller with wide input voltage range. The design is packaged in a miniature footprint with low component count. It operates over a wide input voltage range of 15 V to 85 V to deliver a fixed 12-V output with better than 1% setpoint accuracy and currents up to 8A. By virtue of the LM5146-Q1's minimum on-time of 40ns, operation at very low duty cycle is feasible. The LM5146-Q1 offers a full suite of protection features to ensure protection of the regulator during fault conditions. These include undervoltage lockout to ensure proper operation duing voltage-sag conditions, programmable soft-start to reduce inrsuh current, hiccup-mode overcurrent protection and thermal shutdown. Precision enable, open-drain PGOOD indicator and SYNC IN / SYNC OUT features are also provided.
- 15-V to 85-V input voltage range
- 12-V output voltage with 1% setpoint accuracy
- Rated for up to 8 A of load current
- 400-kHz switching frequency
- Resistor divider to EN/UVLO to faciltate programmable input voltage UVLO
- Fully assembled, tested and proven PCB layout with small footprint