Debuggers for MSP432
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
MSP432 MCUs are designed to work with a variety of debuggers from Texas Instruments and third party vendors.
- Texas Instruments:
- The MSP-FET debug probe allows users to quickly begin application development on MSP ultra-low-power MCUs. When using this emulation tool for the MSP432 MCU the MSP432 Adapter for MSP-FET bridges the MSP-FET’s cable to the ARM 20pin or ARM 10pin connector. You can use either the standard ARM JTAG interface or the ARM SWD (2-wire JTAG) protocol. You can purchase the MSP-FET and MSP432 Adapter together in the MSP432-FET bundle.
- The Spectrum Digital XDS100v2 is the second generation of the XDS100 family of debug probes (emulators) for TI processors. The XDS100 family features the lowest cost of all the XDS family of debug probes while supporting the traditional JTAG standard (IEEE1149.1). Also, all XDS debug probes support Core and System Trace in all ARM and DSP processors that feature an Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB).
- The Spectrum Digital XDS200 is the first model of the XDS200 family of debug probes (emulators) for TI processors. The XDS200 family features a balance of low cost with good performance between the super low cost XDS100 and the high performance XDS560v2. Also, all XDS debug probes support Core and System Trace in all ARM and DSP processors that feature an Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB).
- XDS560vs (USB and Ethernet Debug Probe, USB Debug Probe):
- The XDS560v2 System Trace is the first model of the XDS560v2 family of high-performance debug probes (emulators) for TI processors. The XDS560v2 is the highest performance of the XDS family of debug probes and supports both the traditional JTAG standard (IEEE1149.1) and cJTAG (IEEE1149.7).
- I-jet provides a fast debugging platform via JTAG and SWD/SWO. It can measure target power consumption with a high degree of accuracy and enables Power debugging in IAR Embedded Workbench. I-jet supports all ARM and ARM-Cortex cores.
- Keil debuggers (ULINK2, ULINKpro):
- ULINK2 and ULINKpro, together with MDK Version 5, provide excellent debug capabilities for Cortex-M devices. You can control the processor, set breakpoints, and read/write memory contents, all while the processor is running at full speed.
- SEGGER J-Link (different probes):
- With up to 3 MBytes/s download speed to RAM and record breaking flashloaders, as well as the ability to set an unlimited number of breakpoints in flash memory of MCUs, the J-Link debug probes are undoubtedly the best choice to optimize your debugging and flash programming experience. J-Link is supported in IAR EWARM, CCS and Keil µVision.
|Tool||CCS Windows||CCS Linux||CCS MacOS||CCS Cloud||IAR EWARM||Keil µVision||Energia|
|Keil Ulink 2||Supported|
|Keil Ulink Pro||Supported|
- Debugger options for MSP432 MCUs from Texas Instruments, IAR, Keil and SEGGER for MSP432 MCUs