The SN65MLVD2 and SN65MLVD3 are single-channel M-LVDS receivers. These devices are designed in full compliance with the TIA/EIA-899 (M-LVDS) standard, which are optimized to operate at signaling rates up to
250 Mbps. Each receiver channel is controlled by a receive enable (/RE). When /RE = low, the corresponding channel is enabled; when /RE = high, the corresponding channel is disabled.
The M-LVDS standard defines two types of receivers, designated as Type-1 and Type-2. Type-1 receivers (SN65MLVD2) have thresholds centered about zero with 25 mV of hysteresis to prevent output oscillations with
loss of input; Type-2 receivers (SN65MLVD3) implement a failsafe by using an offset threshold. Receiver outputs are slew rate controlled to reduce EMI and crosstalk effects associated with large current surges.
The devices are characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C.
- Low-Voltage Differential 30Ω to 55Ω Line Data and Clock Receivers for Signaling Rates† up to Transmission via Backplanes and Cables 250 Mbps; Clock Frequencies up to 125 MHz
- SN65MLVD2 Type-1 Receiver Incorporates 25 mV of Input Threshold Hysteresis
- SN65MLVD3 Type-2 Receiver Provides 100 mV Offset Threshold to Detect Open-Circuit and Idle-Bus Conditions
- Wide Receiver Input Common-Mode Voltage
Range, -1 V to 3.4 V, Allows 2 V of Ground Noise
- Improved VIT (35 mV)
- Meets or Exceeds the M-LVDS Standard
TIA/EIA-899 for Multipoint Topology
- High Input Impedance with Low Supply
- Bus-Pin HBM ESD Protection Exceeds 9 kV
- Packaged in 8-Pin SON (DRB) 70% Smaller
Than 8-Pin SOIC
† The signaling rate of a line is the number of voltage transitions that are made per second, expressed in the units bps (bits per second).