TIDA-00364 is a reference design for 3-phase MOSFET-based inverter to drive AC induction motor for traction in forklifts. The inverter is powered from a 48-Vdc lead acid battery. It is designed to deliver 5 KW of output power and can handle continuous motor currents of up to 130 Arms with suitable cooling setup. High-current rating is achieved by using multiple MOSFETs (CSD19536) in parallel, mounted onto thermal-clad PCB. 120-V half-bridge MOSFET gate driver with 4-Apk source/sink current is used to control the MOSFETs. This design incorporates techniques and measures to operate MOSFET in parallel.
- Operates from 48-Vdc lead-acid battery system
- Continuous output current up to 130 Arms
- Inverter efficiency > 95%
- Operating temperature from -20oC to 55oC
- Uses five NEXFETs (CSD19536KTT) in parallel with having high figure of merit
- Half-bridge gate driver (UCC27211) with 4-Apk source and sink capability