TIDA-00563 offers highly-integrated analog front end (AFE) inductance-to-digital converters (LDCs) optimized for use in industrial proximity sensors for contactless and robust applications such as presence detection and event counting. Inductive sensing technology provides reliable and accurate sensing even in the presence on dirt, oil or moisture making them ideal for use in harsh or dirty environments. This reference design uses a 1.8-V to 3.3-V high-resolution, high-speed inductance-to-digital converter which provides a programmable decision threshold setting and wide sensor frequency range. The scope of this design is to give you a head start in integrating our LDC, ultra-low-power MCU and power management devices into end-equipment systems. This design guide for this reference design describes the principle of operation and basic design process for building a high performance and high reliable inductive proximity switch at lower cost. All the relevant design files like schematics, BOM, layer plots, Altium files, Gerber and MSP430 MCU firmware are provided.
- Inductive sensing technology
- Non-contact detection of metallic targets at shorter ranges
- Increased flexibility and performance without requiring analog trimming techniques
- Operating distance: 6 mm and programmed for hysteresis of 1 mm
- Insensitive to environmental contamination
- More reliable operation sensor self-diagnostic
- Replaces legacy analog-only solutions