The USB Type-C™ audio adapter accessory mode reference design provides the solution for transmitting analog audio through the USB Type-C interface. This reference design demonstrates how analog audio can be transmitted to system peripherals using the USB Type-C standard audio adapter accessory mode, while still maintaining the ability to transfer USB data over the same USB Type-C connector.
- Supports analog audio through USB Type-C connector
- Low total harmonic distortion (THD) = <-85 dB (0.005%) at 1 Vpp
- Replaces large 3.5-mm audio jack with smaller Type-C connector
- Protects microcontrollers from negative voltage swings from analog audio
- Supports USB Power Delivery