This reference design is for smartwatch battery management solution (BMS). It is suitable for low-power wearable devices like smartwatch applications. The design includes an ultra-low current 1 cell Li-ion linear charger; a highly integrated Qi-compliant wireless power receiver; a cost-effective voltage and current protection integrated circuit; a system-side with integrated sense resistor battery fuel gauge and a booster with output up to 28 V for LCD display devices.
The design is implemented in a small size (20 mm x 29 mm) PCB; its input power can be either from a micro-USB connector or Qi-compliant wireless power transmitter and the wireless power transmitter will be turned off whenever 5-V power supply from micro-USB connector is detected.
- Charger with buck and LDO output programmable for system
- Manual reset timer output for system reset
- Wireless Receiver with 93% efficiency optimized (only one IC required)
- Wireless power consortium (WPC) V1.1 compatible in size of 1.9 mm x 3.0 mm
- Fuel gauge with Impedance Track gas gauging and virtually plug-n-play
- Battery protection IC is a cost-effective solution for full protection of both voltage and current, charging and discharging.