The TIDA-00716 design is a compact, integrated solution for the Xilinx Spartan 6 FPGA. This design showcases the TPS650250 as an all-in-one IC used to supply the rails needed for powering the Spartan 6. This design is based on the Spartan 6 LXT family, but can be repurposed to power the Spartan 6 LX family. With user controlled external sequencing, separate enables and external resistor dividers, the TPS650250 offers a simple and flexible solution that can be leveraged across multiple designs across the Spartan 6 family. This power management IC has an input voltage range between 3.5 and 5.5V and can be run from a 5V supply or a single cell Li-Ion battery. This design has been tested and verified for industrial applications (-40°C to 85°C).
- Offers 3 highly efficient step-down converters to power the Spartan 6
- Additional 200mA LDOs to power peripheral rails or other IO rails on the FPGA
- Separate enables for DC/DC Converters and LDOs
- Adjustable output voltage via resistor divider
- This design includes a test report, an EVM Guide, and design files to help accelerate the evaluation process