Real-time Color Management Reference Design Using MSP430 for TI DLP® Pico™ Projector
This reference design enables real-time color management for TI DLP® Pico projection display systems. The reference design enables automatic color correction in the field for products incorporating TI DLP Pico technology displays using LEDs. Automatic color correction allows calibration of the LED current as their brightness characteristics change in time and temperature. The automatic white point correction includes color temperature, and color appearance for all colors. The implementation for a DLP Pico display includes an MSP430 MCU and a RGB color sensor inside the optical engine.
- Real-time automatic white point correction with use of a color sensor
- Monitoring color point LED illuminators
- Monitoring LED efficiency
- Using a digital color sensor to eliminate analog interference
- Adjust color register at run time
- This reference design is verified and includes a schematic, PCB layout, BOM, test report, MSP430 source code and an application note.
- This reference design enables color calibration for DLP Pico displays in the field that result in color accurate displays despite of temperature variances and LED current characteristic changes.
A fully assembled board has been developed for testing and performance validation only, and is not available for sale.
Design files & products
Download ready-to-use system files to speed your design process.
Reference design overview and verified performance test data
Detailed schematic diagram for design layout and components
Complete listing of design components, reference designators, and manufacturers/part numbers
Design file that contains information on physical board layer of design PCB
Includes TI products in the design and potential alternatives.
MSP430F5310 — 25 MHz MCU with 32KB Flash, 6KB SRAM, 10-bit ADC, comparator, DMA, UART/SPI/I2C, HW multiplierData sheet: PDF | HTML
|*||Application note||Real-Time Color Management for DLPC343x Application Note||Oct. 07, 2015|
|Design guide||TIDA-00722 Test Results||Mar. 24, 2016|
Support & training
TI E2E™ forums with technical support from TI engineers
If you have questions about quality, packaging or ordering TI products, see TI support.