The efficiency and diagnostics necessary for automotive emergency call (eCall) systems generate unique requirements for the audio subsystem, such as speaker diagnostics and low-power consumption. This reference design shows how to use our automotive two-channel audio codec (TLV320AIC3104-Q1) and a class-D audio amplifier (TAS5411-Q1) for eCall applications.
- The integrated load-dump protection reduces external voltage clamp cost and size
- Onboard load diagnostics report the status of the speaker through I²C which reduces external components needed for diagnostic coverage
- TLV320AIC3104-Q1 + TAS5411-Q1 combo allows for reduced power consumption, reduced heat and reduced peak currents in the electrical system
- TAS5411-Q1 provides up to 8-W output power for loud, clear audio in an unpredictable emergency environment
- Additional output from TLV320AIC3104-Q1 can be used for the head unit or other car audio needs and eliminates the need for another device