The TIDA-01495 is a low profile (17 mm height), 94.1% peak efficiency, high power density, universal input, 24-V DC, 480-W output, consumer AC/DC power supply reference design. The circuit consists of a front-end two phase interleaved transition mode (TM) power factor correction (PFC) based on the UCC28063A, which minimizes the PFC inductor dimensions and reduces the EMI filter requirements. The HB-LLC isolated DC/DC stage is controlled by the UCC256301 hybrid hysteritic control LLC controller, which ensures fast transient response resulting in reduced PFC bulk and output capacitor dimension. Phase shedding in the PFC stage and the advance burst mode optimization feature in the LLC stage help in meeting high efficiency at 5% load (230V AC). The UCC24612 multi-mode synchronous rectifier controller realizes proportional gate drive, reducing the conduction losses in the output rectifier of the LLC stage, enabling high efficiency.
- Thin profile < 17mm height for use in space constrained applications with PCB form factor of 185 x 110 mm
- Full load efficiency of >93.3% (230V AC) and >91.1% (115V AC) with peak efficiency of 94.1% (230V AC) and 92% (115V AC) meets the 80+ Platinum standard
- Phase shedding feature in the PFC stage and advanced burst mode feature in the LLC stage enables high efficiency at light load conditions >84% (230V AC) and >82% (115V AC) at 5% load
- ZCS avoidance feature and OVP sensing feature in the LLC controller improves robustness, system protected for over current, short-circuit, and over voltage, ensuring safety
- High power factor > 0.99 and meets PFC regulations & current THD as per IEC 61000-3-2 Class A
- Designed to meet EN55011 Class B conducted emissions standard