This reference design is an IGBT or SiC isolated gate driver power stage driving a IGBT module with advanced protection features. The design consists of a single phase power stage from a traction inverter supporting high level of safety features. The IGBT module has integrated thermal diode for temperature monitoring and sensing FET for over current protection, providing fast and accurate protections. It includes the bias supplies and its output voltage monitoring, isolated DC bus sensing in redundant circuits, temp sensing for high side and low side drivers, PWM gate signal monitoring, fault signal injection diagnostics. The supply accepts a wide input range of 4.5V to 65V DC, and delivers up to 180mA output current. The isolated gate driver has up to ±10A drive strength and also includes an analog to PWM converter, which is utilized for temperature and voltage sensing.
- Single-phase power stage design for HEV/EV traction inverter applications
- Includes a 700-V, 450-A, double-side-cooled IGBT module with integrated thermal diode for temperature monitoring and sensing FET for overcurrent protection
- Multiple redundant circuits, supply voltage monitoring and PWM output monitoring for increased level of system safety
- Isolated gate driver on board with a ±10-A drive strength, fast overcurrent and short-circuit protection and analog-to-PWM sensor
- Fault signal injection for function validation