This open source 3D printer motion controller design connects your BeagleBone Black to a 3D printer enabling your 3D printer to become an internet enabled device capable of super high speed printing. With this design you no longer need to have a dedicated computer connected to your 3D printer. Load your 3D printer files onto your BeagleBone Black and the 3D printer design will communicate with the 3D printer. This design is based on the Replicape 3D printer BeagleBone Black add-on board. All design files and software are open source, licensed under GPL.
More information about BeagleBone Black: https://www.ti.com/tool/beaglebk
More information about Replicape, including design files and software: http://www.thing-printer.com/product/replicape/
- AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 processor-based design reduces development time by utilizing an open-source design
- Five stepper motor controllers that can handle up to 2.5A peak current and 1.75 RMS. They are also very immune to short circuit and overheating
- High-power MOSFETs for controlling two heater cartridges and one hot bed
- Thermistor inputs for NTC thermistors. Each input has a filter to suppress high voltage noise spikes coming from the MOSFETs. There is also a separate pin to ground for shielding the cables of the ADCs.
- Software for creating a GUI with 3D model and to control timings of the various stepper motors
- This sub-system is an example sub-system that can be designed and comes with schematics, BOM, Gerbers and other design files.