This design is a digitally controlled, two phase interleaved, 700W power factor correction converter with added power metering functionality. A C2000™ Piccolo™ microcontroller is the controller for the two 180° phase shifted boost power stages that comprise the power factor correction converter, and, additionally, it monitors the line and neutral voltage waveforms to implement power metering functions. This design is able to achieve 97% efficiency and 1.5% THD at full load with power factor greater than 0.98. By minimizing power loss in the power stage, reducing reliability impacts of harmonic distortion, and providing near unity power factor, this design is a great choice for off-line applications and AC/DC power supplies.
- Full digital control of dual interleaved PFC power converter topology
- Universal input of 95 VAC to 265 VAC
- 400 VDC bus output operating up to 700 W
- Power Factor of 0.99 at 200 KHz switching frequency and 1.5% THD at full load
- Supports power monitoring of rectified input voltage, RMS input voltage, RMS input power, and input line frequency
- Fully-functional evaluation board includes software, hardware design files, quick start graphical interface and step-by-step documentation.
NOTE: Software for this board can be found inside the controlSUITE™ software package. Download controlSUITE at https://www.ti.com/tool/controlsuite. Once installed, navigate to "High Voltage Interleaved PFC Kit" under the Development Tools -> Digital Power section.