This dynamic Near Field Communication (NFC) tag design outlines the required components, layout considerations, and provides firmware examples to implement NFC into applications such as Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® pairing, equipment configuration and diagnostics, or as a general purpose NFC data interface. The documentation, hardware, and example code provided allows the designer to quickly implement NFC functionality with an MSP430 or other MCU of choice.
- NFC Tag Type 4B compliant design
- ISO14443B compliant 13.56-MHz RF interface supports up to 848 kbps for fast data transfer
- Code examples to write and read NDEF messages to internal SRAM
- 3kB SRAM for a large variety NDEF message types
- Interrupt register and output pin to indicate NDEF read or write completion for further processing
- This design is tested and includes firmware, hardware design, and a user's guide
- Aftermarket head unit
- Automotive center information display
- Digital cockpit processing unit
- Display, HMI, media interface, tuner, wireless
- Display, HMI, media interface, wireless
- Display, HMI, tuner, wireless
- Display, wireless
- HMI, media interface, tuner, wireless
- Media interface, TCU, tuner, wireless
- Media interface, wireless
- TCU, tuner, wireless
- Tuner, wireless
A fully assembled board has been developed for testing and performance validation only, and is not available for sale.
Design files & products
Download ready-to-use system files to speed your design process.
Detailed schematic diagram for design layout and components
Complete listing of design components, reference designators, and manufacturers/part numbers
Design file that contains information on physical board layer of design PCB
Includes TI products in the design and potential alternatives.
MSP430FR5739 — 24 MHz MCU with 16KB FRAM, 1KB SRAM, 10-bit ADC , comparator, UART/SPI/I2C, timerData sheet: PDF | HTML
RF430CL330H — Dynamic Dual Interface NFC TransponderData sheet: PDF | HTML
Support & training
TI E2E™ forums with technical support from TI engineers
If you have questions about quality, packaging or ordering TI products, see TI support.