This reference design provides a complete hardware and firmware example for a Near Field Communication (NFC) Module. The Module uses TI's eZ430 UART connection for simple interfacing. The firmware example demonstrates NFC Reader/Writer functionality by reading ISO15693, ISO14443A, ISO14443B, and Felica tags. Unlike some evaluation modules, this NFC module was designed specifically easy integration into existing applications. This reduces the resource demand on the developers while still supporting full functionality.
- UART EZ430 115.2 kbaud Interface
- Reads ISO15693, ISO14443A, ISO14443B, and Felica Tags
- Module includes onboard MCU and stack to reduce demand of Host MCU
- Designed to be a drop in ready module with simple communication interface
- Anti-collision allows reading multiple NFC tags at once
- Design is tested and includes firmware, GUI Software, hardware design, and application report
A fully assembled board has been developed for testing and performance validation only, and is not available for sale.
Design files & products
Download ready-to-use system files to speed your design process.
Detailed schematic diagram for design layout and components
Complete listing of design components, reference designators, and manufacturers/part numbers
Design file that contains information on physical board layer of design PCB
PCB layer plot file used for generating PCB design layout
Includes TI products in the design and potential alternatives.
MSP430G2553 — 16 MHz MCU with 16KB Flash, 512B SRAM, comparator, UART/SPI/I2C, timerData sheet: PDF
|Application note||TRF7970A + MSP430G2xx NFC/RFID Module Reference Design||Aug. 25, 2014|
Support & training
TI E2E™ forums with technical support from TI engineers
If you have questions about quality, packaging or ordering TI products, see TI support.