Remote Controller of Air Conditioner using Low Power Microcontroller
This design demonstrates an ultra-low power general purpose infrared remote controller solution. An FRAM-based MCU MSP430FR4133 is used which supports all the necessary features like real time clock, button scan, infrared code sending, LED backlight and LCD display.
- Ultra-low power system with long battery life : as low to 3uA standby current with LCD and RTC On
- Low cost design using highly integrated ultra-low power FRAM MCU for minimum external components
- Full functional demonstration including battery detection, key-scan, RTC, infrared signal transmitting for remote controller
- SW optimized for real remote controller of air conditioner application
- Easy for evaluation, ready to use
A fully assembled board has been developed for testing and performance validation only, and is not available for sale.
Design files & products
Download ready-to-use system files to speed your design process.
Reference design overview and verified performance test data
Detailed schematic diagram for design layout and components
Complete listing of design components, reference designators, and manufacturers/part numbers
Design file that contains information on physical board layer of design PCB
Includes TI products in the design and potential alternatives.
MSP430FR4133 — 16 MHz MCU with 16KB FRAM, 2KB SRAM, 10-bit ADC, LCD, UART/SPI/I2C, IR logic, timerData sheet: PDF | HTML
|Technical article||New reference designs available based on the new MSP430FR4133 MCU||Oct. 16, 2014|
|Design guide||Remote Controller of Air Conditioner Using MSP430 Design Guide||Oct. 03, 2014|
Related design resources
IDE, CONFIGURATION, COMPILER OR DEBUGGER
Support & training
TI E2E™ forums with technical support from TI engineers
If you have questions about quality, packaging or ordering TI products, see TI support.