This reference design is a digitally-controlled, grid-tied, single-phase, full-bridge DC/AC inverter stage for use in central or string solar inverters. It is a companion to TIDM-SOLAR-DCDC, a front-end DC/DC converter with maximum power-point tracking (MPPT). Together, TIDM-SOLAR-DCDC and TIDM-SOLAR-ONEPHINV comprise a solar inverter for central or string topologies. C2000™ F28M35H52C microcontroller (MCU) is the digital controller for the full-bridge DC/AC inverter stage, efficiently operating the inverter stage while implementing Ethernet-based remote control and monitoring of the inverter. The inverter output is grid tied with anti-islanding protection. This design achieves total harmonic distortion (THD) of less than 5 percent and full-load efficiency greater than 96 percent, providing more energy extraction from a solar installation, reducing detrimental heat dissipation in the inverter and increasing inverter longevity.
- Implements control of a single-phase, full-bridge, grid-tied, DC/AC inverter with anti-islanding protection
- C2000™ F28M35H52C MCU serves as a high-performance controller for the DC/AC inverter, executing high-frequency control loops to control the power stage and feed the output into the power grid while implementing Ethernet-based remote control and monitoring of the inverter.
- Selectable 120/220 VAC outputs up to 600 W, suitable for worldwide solar markets
- Greater than 96 percent peak efficiency and less than 5 percent total harmonic distortion mean improved energy extraction and longer inverter lifetime.
- Solar and digital power software libraries provide code-optimized building blocks to implement a variety of power topologies and algorithms such as MPPT and software phase locked loop (PLL) for designing customized solar inverters.
- Fully-functional reference design includes software, hardware design files, quick start graphical interface and step-by-step documentation.
NOTE: Software for this board is located inside the controlSUITE™ software package. Once installed, navigate to "High Voltage Solar DC/AC Inverter Kit" under the Development Tools -> Solar section.