IEEE 802.3bt ready PSE daughter card for 24-port PSE system
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The TPS23881EVM-083 (TPS23881 48-channel daughter card) is one of three boards used for evaluation of TI's PSE System Firmware. For all three boards, please order the FIRMPSEEVM-BDL bundle.
TPS23881 product advisory and SRAM firmware update is available. Request now
Our FirmPSE System Firmware GUI, User's Guide, and Host Interface Protocol for port power management applications is available. Request now
- 24-Port (4 Pair) Power Sourcing Equipment Reference Design for Multi-port Applic (Rev. A)
(PDF 3038 KB)
15 Oct 2019
The TPS23881EVM-083 daughter card features an 8 channel, IEEE 802.3bt ready PSE controller. When paired with motherboard PSEMTHR24EVM-081 and MCU daughter card PSEMCUDAUEVM-082 (sold separately), users can evaluate a full multiple-port PSE system.
The full PoE Evaluation ecosystem includes the following (optional companion tools also listed):
- TI’s PoE 2 Conformance Test Report for interoperability confidence with this design.
- 24 Port PoE PSE Evaluation System
- PSEMTHR24EVM-081: Mother board for 24 Port PoE PSE applications (sold separately)
- PSEMCUDAUEVM-082: MSP430 daughter card for 24 Port PoE PSE applications (sold separately)
- TPS23881EVM-083: TPS23881 daughter card for 24 port Type 3/Type 4 PSE PoE PSE applications (sold seperately)
- MSP-FET : Used with PSE system firmware GUI to flash code into MSP430 device(sold seperately)
- USB2ANY Interface Adapater : Used with PSE system software GUI for I2C/UART Interaction with PSEMCUDAU-082 daughter card (sold seperately)
- TPS2373 Evaluation Module for IEEE 802.3bt PoE PD Applications
- TPS2372-4EVM Evaluation Module for IEEE 802.3bt PoE PD Applications
- TPS2372-3 IEEE 802.3bt Type 3 PoE PD Evaluation Module for Lighting
- PSE system software code image
- 24 port PoE PSE system and expandable to 48 ports
- Highly flexible system with configurable GUI and host interface
- Multiport power management
- IEEE 802.3bt compliance
- Mutiple power supplies
- Supporting Legacy PD