The TPS8804EVM is used to evaluate the TPS8804 smoke and CO detection analog front end and power management IC. The EVM allows for easy connection from the TPS8804 to a user-supplied photoelectric chamber and carbon monoxide sensor. The TPS8804 GUI interfaces with the EVM to quickly evaluate the photo amplifier, LED driver, and CO amplifier performance, as well as static system power consumption. For a more thorough evaluation, an external microcontroller can be connected to the EVM to create a prototype smoke detection system.
- Two programmable, temperature compensated LED drivers for dual-wave photoelectric chambers
- Ultra-low offset photodiode transimpedance amplifier with programmable gain stage
- Ultra-low power op-amp for electrochemical carbon monoxide sensors
- Interconnect/SLC interface for multi-detector communication
- Wide input voltage range for system power flexibility