The TUSB9261DEMO board is a bridge between a SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) bus and a Serial–ATA (SATA) development kit. The TUSB9261DEMO is used to evaluate system compatibility. It provides a TUSB9261 hardware for connection to a SATA device such as a solid state drive, hard disk drive, DVD drive, or Blu-Ray drive. The included firmware is capable of supporting a single SATA drive and supports the following:
- USB Attached SCSI (UAS)
- USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) Bulk-Only Transport (BOT) including the 13 error cases.
- USB Mass Storage Specification for Bootability
- USB Device Class Definition for Human Interface Devices (HID) for firmware update and manufacturer-specific custom functionality
- Serial ATA Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI)
- General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO)
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for LED dimming control
- Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) for updating firmware and loading custom device descriptors
- Serial Communications Interface (SCI) for debug output only
The board works with the LINUX, MAC, and Windows native Mass Storage Class Drivers.
- Free-standing external storage
- Auto-detection of single SATA drive
- USB Attached SCSI Protocol Class Support
- Bulk Only Transport Class Support