UCD3138 LLC Half Bridge Firmware
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
UCD3138 Resonant LLC Programmer quickly gets a designer through evaluation to production in power supply designs based on a resonant LLC topology by providing firmware with ZCS protection and mode switching capability to achieve high efficiency across wider operating conditions. The sunflower feature (UCC7138) in the firmware provides advanced synchronous rectification control.
The resonant LLC topology reduces switching losses and EMI while offering great efficiency through a half-bridge converter with zero-voltage switching on the primary side of the converter. It scales to high power output levels and can operate well with a wide range of input voltages.
This firmware comes with native support for following features:
- Dynamic mode switching between frequencies to pulse width modulation
- Cycle by cycle current limit with duty cycle matching
- Short-circuit constant current operation
- Overcurrent/overload protection
- Current sharing
- Optimized dead time using UCD7138 (sunflower)
- Accurate and adaptable primary-to-secondary timing control
- Fully flexible dead time control between all MOSFETs control signals
- Hysteretic burst mode (based on voltage mode control) for light load efficiency
- Constant current, constant power control under overload
- ZCS prevention and protection
- Optimized loop coefficients for different operating regions
- PMBus 1.2 with 400 KHz for telemetry operations
- Application examples
- EVM and firmware collaterals