ADS8638 Performance Demonstration Kit
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- ADS8638EVM-PDK User Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 2240 KB)
02 Feb 2016
The ADS8638EVM-PDK is designed to evaluate the ADS8614, ADS8618, ADS8634, and ADS8638 analog to digital converters. These 12/16-bit, four or eight channel, SAR converters offer multiple true bipolar and unipolar ranges in addition to a variety of alarm options. An LED is installed on the EVM board to monitor the alarm. The EVM gives access to every pin of the converter which enables the ADCs serial interface header to easily attach to any host microprocessor or TI DSP based system. Furthermore, the ADC includes a precise 2.5V internal reference voltage and the evaluation board includes an external +2.5V. The two reference options are selectable using onboard jumpers.
- Contains all support circuitry needed for the ADS8638 family of parts
- Serial interface header to easily attach to TI DSP based communication systems
- Voltage reference options: ADC internal reference, onboard 2.5V reference, or external reference
- Onboard OPA140 to drive an ADC input channel
- LED used to monitor ADC alarm option
- Compatible with the TI Modular EVM System