View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- PMP7327 Test Results (Rev. A)
(PDF 3459 KB)
28 Sep 2015 159 views
This reference design uses the BQ24640 super cap charging controller to charge a large bank of super caps to a voltage below the input bus voltage. During an input bus dropout, the energy from the super caps is used to power a boost converter that can supply 10A of output current at 26.2V. This output can be used to hold up the bus voltage for up to 10 seconds (260W for 10 sec).
- Boost Converter efficiency greater than 95% at Vin = 18V and 1A - 10A loads
- Boost holdup supports 28V bus for longer than 27 seconds using a large 28F super cap bank while delivering 260W
- Super cap charger provides a constant 3A charge current for a controlled startup time
- Low cost design requires less than 100mm x 100mm