SimpleLink CC13x2 Software Development Kit
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Buy from Authorized Distributor||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
Pricing may vary.
|Contact a Distributor|
Please note that this version of the SimpleLink CC13x2 SDK is for early evaluation only and is validated with pre-production silicon. Software compatibility after updated silicon is released is not guaranteed.
The SimpleLink SDKs are updated regularly, to get the latest release updates click Alert Me above.
The SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz and multi-band CC13x2 software development kit (SDK) provides a comprehensive Sub-1 GHz software package for the SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1312R and Multi-band CC1352R wireless MCUs.
TI 15.4 Stack
The TI 15.4-Stack is an IEEE 802.15.4-based star topology networking solution for the Sub-1 GHz band. The SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz 15.4 stack is a complete solution for connecting long-range, low power sensors in the home, building, and city. The SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz 15.4 stack offers a standards-based, star-network that makes Sub-1 GHz connectivity easy by providing all of the necessary components for a robust system and supports development of Sub-1 GHz applications on the ARM® Cortex®-M4F based SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1312R and SimpleLink Multi-Band CC1352R wireless MCUs.
The SimpleLink CC13x2 supports development of proprietary Sub-1 GHz applications on the ARM® Cortex®-M4F based SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1312R and SimpleLink Multi-Band CC1352R wireless MCUs using the RF driver and the EasyLink Abstraction Layer. The RF driver offers very low-level API’s to run radio operation commands on the RF core and send and receive raw packets. The EasyLink layer is an abstraction layer above the RF driver API’s for the more convenience. It uses the RF driver and executes radio operation commands. The EasyLink library is a starting point for adding an API on top of the RF driver.
Bluetooth Low Energy stack
The SimpleLink™ CC13x2 Software Development Kit (SDK) includes the Texas Instruments royalty-free Bluetooth low energy (BLE) software protocol stack (BLE5-Stack) component supporting development of single-mode Bluetooth 5 applications on the ARM® Cortex®-M4F based SimpleLink Multi-Band CC1352R wireless MCU. The BLE5-Stack includes all necessary software, sample applications and documentation to quickly get started with the development of standalone and network processor BLE applications. Refer to the feature set below and SDK release notes for a detailed description of the features available in this SDK.
The SimpleLink CC13x2 SDK includes tools, application examples, documentation and source code of the Thread 1.1 networking protocol based on openthread (github.com/openthread/openthread) supporting development of Thread applications on the ARM® Cortex®-M4F based SimpleLink Multi-Band CC1352R wireless MCU. Example applications such as a door lock, window shades, thermostat and temperature sensor applications, based on Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) running atop of the Thread networking stack are released to kick-start the SW design of end equipment sets. Additionally, the SimpleLink CC26x2 SDK includes a Command-Line Interface (CLI) application and a Network Co-Processor (NCP) implementation, which can be used in combination with a host Thread border-router agent software as a whole Thread border router reference solution (https://github.com/openthread/borderrouter).
The SimpleLink CC13x2 SDK supports a Zigbee solution, which runs on the SimpleLink MCU framework (TI-RTOS, CCS) and supports development of Zigbee applications on the ARM® Cortex®-M4F SimpleLink Multi-Band CC1352R and SimpleLink Multi-band CC1352P with integrated PA. The Zigbee plugin supports the latest Zigbee 3.0 specification contains everything needed for a Zigbee compliant solution, including tools, application examples, documentation, and source code. It also includes a Zigbee Pro compliant Zigbee stack, as well as example applications such as door lock, light, switch, temperature sensor and thermostat. The Zigbee plugin also includes support for Zigbee Network Processor configuration, which can be used in two chip architectures where the host implements the Cluster Library and the Zigbee applications.
The SimpleLink CC13x2 supports development of multi-standard solutions on the ARM® Cortex®-M4F SimpleLink Multi-Band CC1352R wireless MCUs with support for concurrent operation of Bluetooth Low Energy and Sub-1 GHz including the SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz 15.4 stack or proprietary Sub-1 GHz. This Concurrent operation is built using the Dynamic Multi-Protocol Manager (DMM). The DMM handles dynamic switching between stacks based on policy and run-time stack states.
The SimpleLink CC13x2 SDK is part of TI’s SimpleLink MCU platform, offering a single development environment that delivers flexible hardware, software and tool options for customers developing wired and wireless applications. For more information about the SimpleLink MCU Platform, visit www.ti.com/simplelink.
- TI 15.4-Stack
- Beacon mode, non-beacon mode and frequency hopping
- Asymmetric security with mBed TLS-PSK for device authentication
- 50 kbit/s and SimpleLink Long Range mode (5 kbit/s)
- Sensor, collector (CSS and IAR) and gateway applications, including compatibility with Sensor-to-cloud Sub-1 GHz technology
- FCC/ETSI certification-ready
- Over-The-Air firmware upgrade for 50 kbit/s and SimpleLink LRM with new image authentication (Secure Boot Manager)
- Support for 863, 915 MHz bands
- Support for CC1312
- Large network support (300 nodes)
- Support for proprietary solutions:
- Packet Tx/Rx
- Listen Before Talk
- Wake-on radio Tx/Rx
- Packet Error rate-meter
- EasyLink Rx/Tx
- EasyLink Network processor
- WSN sensor/concentrator
- WSN Over-the-air-upgrade with external flash with new image authentication (Secure Boot Image Manager) with external flash and internal flash
- Support for 2-GFSK 50 kbps and SimpleLink Long Range mode
- Support for CC1312
- Support for non-RTOS examples in packet Tx/Rx, PER-meter
- 433 MHz support
- Bluetooth 5
- Bluetooth 5 core specification support (LE-only) for High Speed 2 Mbps mode, non-periodic Advertising Extensions (AE), Long Range broadcasts and connections using the LE Coded PHYs
- Implements all previous core Bluetooth 4.0 / 4.1 and 4.2 features including LE Secure Connections, Data Length Extension and Privacy 1.2.x
- Backwards compatible with devices implementing the Bluetooth 4.2 / 4.1 / 4.0 standard
- Project Zero sample application demonstrates typical peripheral role operations such as controlling LEDs, identifying button states and sending strings of data from a smartphone to the LaunchPad
- Standalone Peripheral, Broadcaster and Central sample applications to jump start development
- Simultaneous multiple master and/or slave connections with Multirole sample application
- Network Processor configuration for enabling BLE on existing non-wireless MCU applications
- Support for on-chip Over-the-Air Download (OAD) and secure off-chip with signed firmware images for updating device firmware wirelessly from PC or smartphone applications
- Integrates with the second generation Sensor Controller Engine (SCE) for ultra-low power sensor applications
- Full integration with TI-RTOS and TI Drivers for automatic device power management and control of on board peripherals such as ADC, I2C, SPI, UART, timers, and crypto accelerators
- Based on Thread 1.1 openthread, update to the latest version on openthread
- Thread 1.1 support
- Command Line Interpreter (CLI), Network-CoProcessor (NCP)
- Easy Integration with border router agent on openthread border router repository
- CoAP-based applications (Door Lock, Shade, Temperature Sensor, Thermostat)
- Power management optimizations
- Full border router support with off-Thread mesh commissioning and Thread commissioning app
- FCC Test Mode command support
- Zigbee Plugin
- Zigbee Pro 2015 support
- Zigbee 3.0 support
- Example applications: door lock, door lock controller, thermostat, light, switch
- Zigbee Network Processor
- Zigbee OTA protocol support
- Compatibility with Z-Stack Linux Gateway
- Multiprotocol support
- BLE Peripheral + 15.4 Frequency Hopping for SimpleLink Long Range mode
- Support for SimpleLink LRM Proprietary Sub-1 GHz/BLE connected
- Concurrent 15.4 Stack sensor + BLE advertiser using BLE micro-stack service
- Concurrent WSN sensor + BLE advertiser using BLE micro-stack service
- Seamless OAD upgrade between BLE, 15.4-Stack and EasyLink
- Concurrent WSN sensor and BLE peripheral