View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
This TI reference design is an automotive voltage boost converter module. The purpose of this module is to supply a steady voltage to vehicle electronics by boosting during voltage droop events such as engine crank. The design is based on the C2000 Real-Time Microcontroller, and will provide up to 400 Watts of power from a 12V automotive battery system. This solution supports continuous operational input voltage of 6V-16V with protection against 36V load dump to provide a stable 12V output supply with reverse battery protection.
- Digitally controlled 3 phase Boost power topology implementation supporting up to 400W output power
- Digitally Controlled By-Pass Circuitry that Allows the boost power supply to be bypassed during normal operation
- N-Channel MOSFET based reverse battery protection circuit reduces the power dissipation compared to a diode implementation
- Operational input voltage range of 6V to 16V with protection against 36V load dump
- Design can be used for engine start/stop applications