This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- Using the TPS40210EVM
(PDF 405 KB)
14 Mar 2008
The TPS40210EVM evaluation module (EVM) is a fixed frequency (600kHz) non-synchronous boost converter providing fixed 24.0-V output at up to 2A from a 12V input bus. The EVM is designed to start up from a single supply, so no additional bias voltage is required for start-up. The module uses the TPS40210 Non-Synchronous Current Mode Control Boost Controller with integral N-channel FET driver. TPS40210EVM is designed to use a regulated 12V (+10% / -20%) bus to produce a regulated power rail at 24.0V at up to 2A of load current each. TPS40210EVM is designed to demonstrate the TPS40210 in a typical 12-V bus system while providing a number of test points to evaluate the performance of the TPS40210 in a given application. The EVM can be modified to other input or output voltages by changing some of the components.
- 12V +10% / -20% input range
- 24.0V fixed output voltage, adjustable with resistor change (May require compensation adjustment)
- 2-Adc Steady State Output Current
- 600kHz switching frequency Single SO-8 switching MOSFET and Rectifier Diode.
- Double Sided 2 Active Layer PCB with all components on top side (Test Point signals routed on internal layers)
- Active Converter area of less than 2.5 square inch < 1.15 inch x 2.15 inch
- Convenient test points for probing switching waveforms and non-invasive loop response testing