- Touch on Metal Buttons With Integrated Haptic Feedback (Rev. D)
(PDF 13786 KB)
13 May 2016 906 views
This TI Design uses Texas Instruments' inductance-to-digital converter technology to provide a high-precision method to sense button presses on a metal surface and TI's Haptic Drivers provide high quality haptics feedback to the user. TIDA-00314 demonstrates techniques for system design, environmental compensation, and electromagnetic interference protection.
Watch a TIDA-00314 Overview video on the Touch on Metal Buttons With Integrated Haptic Feedback NOW.
- Replaces Mechanical Buttons With High-Resolution Inductive-Sensing Based Touch On Metal Detection
- Customizable Haptic Feedback and Waveforms Provide High Quality User Experience
- Programmable Force Touch Button Sensitivity (from Light Touch to Hard Press)
- One Continuous Sheet of Metal Sealed and Grounded Against Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Water, Oil, Dirt, and Other Contaminants
- Works With Gloves, Underwater (if Sealed), and in Harsh Environments
- Can Be Used for Pressure and Multi-Step Button Press Sequences
- Three Button Options Implemented:
3 x 10 mm (Two Buttons)
- Alternative Button Configurations Can Be Implemented With Different Mechanical Designs