6.9.3 General-Purpose Input/Output Port (I/O)
There are up to 60 I/O ports implemented, depending on the package.
- P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6, and P7 are full 8-bit ports; P8 has 4 bits implemented.
- All individual I/O bits are independently programmable.
- Any combination of input, output, and interrupt conditions is possible.
- Programmable pullup or pulldown on all ports.
- Edge-selectable interrupt and LPM3.5 and LPM4.5 wake-up input capability is available for P1 and P2.
- Read and write access to port-control registers is supported by all instructions.
- Ports can be accessed byte-wise or word-wise in pairs.
- Capacitive Touch I/O functionality is supported on all pins.
Configuration of digital I/Os after BOR reset
To prevent any cross currents during start-up of the device, all port pins are high-impedance with Schmitt triggers and module functions disabled. To enable the I/O functions after a BOR reset, the ports must be configured first and then the LOCKLPM5 bit must be cleared. For details, see the Configuration After Reset section in the Digital I/O chapter of the MSP430FR4xx and MSP430FR2xx Family User's Guide.