Up to nine 8-bit I/O ports are implemented (see Table 9-52 through Table 9-56 for control and configuration registers):
- All individual I/O bits are independently programmable.
- Any combination of input, output, and interrupt conditions is possible.
- Programmable pullup or pulldown on all ports.
- Edge-selectable interrupt and LPM3.5 and LPM4.5 wake-up input capability is available for all pins of ports P1 to P8.
- Read and write access to port control registers is supported by all instructions.
- Ports can be accessed byte-wise or word-wise in pairs.
- All pins of ports P1 to P8, and PJ support capacitive touch functionality.
- No cross-currents during start-up.
Configuration of Digital I/Os After BOR Reset
To prevent any cross currents during start-up of the device, all port pins are high-impedance with Schmitt triggers and their module functions disabled. To enable the I/O functionality after a BOR reset, first configure the ports and then clear the LOCKLPM5 bit. For details, see the Configuration After Reset section of the Digital I/O chapter in the MSP430FR58xx, MSP430FR59xx, and MSP430FR6xx Family User's Guide.