The image below illustrates an example of a PCB layout with the TMUX7462F. Some key considerations are:
- Decouple the VDD and VSS pins with a 1-µF capacitor, placed as close to the pin as possible. Make sure that the capacitor voltage rating is sufficient for the supplies.
- Multiple decoupling capacitors can be used if their is a lot of noise in the system. For example, a 0.1-µF and 1-µF can be placed on the supply pins. If multiple capacitors are used, placing the lowest value capacitor closest to the supply pin is recommended.
- Keep the input lines as short as possible.
- Use a solid ground plane to help distribute heat and reduce electromagnetic interference (EMI) noise pickup.
- Do not run sensitive analog traces in parallel with digital traces. Avoid crossing digital and analog traces if possible, and only make perpendicular crossings when necessary.