The DAC5688EVM is a circuit board that allows designers to evaluate the performance of Texas Instruments' dual-channel 16-bit 800 MSPS digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with wideband LVDS data input, integrated 2x/4x/8x interpolation filters, on-board clock multiplier and PLL, 32-bit NCO and internal voltage reference. The EVM provides a flexible environment to test the DAC5688 under a variety of clock, and input conditions.
It can be used along with TSW3100 to perform a wide range of test procedures. The TSW3100 generates the test patterns which are fed to the DAC5688 through dual CMOS ports capable of 250 MSPS each. The DAC5688EVM has a programmable clock chip which can be used to synchronize the TSW3100 board to DAC5688.
- Comprehensive test capability for DAC5688
- Direct connection to TSW3100 signal generator EVM
- Has a programmable Low Jitter Clock Synthesizer capable of working with a VCXO or an external clock source
- Clock synchronization with TSW3100 for signal integrity
- Software support with a fully featured GUI for easy testing