Driving and Protection Evaluation Board for SiC and IGBT Power Modules
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- ISO5852SDW Driving and Protecting SiC and IGBT Power Modules
(PDF 15015 KB)
24 May 2018
The ISO5852SDWEVM-017 is a compact, dual chanel isolated gate driver board providing drive, bias voltages, protection and diagnostic needed for half-bridge Sic MOSFET and IGBT Power Modules in standard 62-mm package. This TI EVM is based on 5.7-kVrms reinforced isolation driver IC ISO5852SDW in SOIC-16DW package with 8.0 mm creepage and clearance. The EVM includes SN6505B based isolated bias supplies and temperature and bus voltage isolated monitoring by amplifiers AMC1401.
- 20-A peak, split output drive current with programmable drive voltages
- Two 5-kVrms reinforced isolated channels to support up to 1700 V input rail
- Short circuit protection with soft turn OFF and 2-A Miller clamp ability
- Robust noise-immune solution with CMTI > 100 V/ns
- Isolated module temperature and input rail monitoring
- Two, 2-W output bias supplies with UVLO and OVLO protection