The LP8864EVM helps designers to evaluate the characteristics, operation, and performance of the LP8864(S)-Q1 product a 4-channel high-efficiency LED driver for automotive display LED backlighting. The LP8864(S)-Q1 product integrates a boost or SEPIC controller and four high-precision current sinks. The boost controller has adaptive output voltage control based on the headroom votlages of the LED current sinks. The four current sinks support phase shifting that is automatically adjusted based on the number of channels in use. LED brightness can be controlled through I2C interface or PWM input. The product also support extensive fault detection features.
- Input voltage range 3 V to 48 V
- Up to 48-V VOUT boost controller
- Four high-precision current sinks
- Supports built-in phase-shift PWM dimming, hybrid dimming, current dimming and direct PWM dimming mode
- LED brightness controlled globally through I2C interface or PWM input
- Extensive fault diagnostics