The LP8866EVM helps designers to evaluate the characteristics, operation, and performance of the LP8866(S)-Q1 device, a 6-channel high-efficiency LED driver for automotive display LED backlighting. The LP8866(S)-Q1 device integrates a boost or SEPIC controller and six high-precision current sinks. The boost controller has adaptive output voltage control based on the headroom votlages of the LED current sinks. The six current sinks support phase shifting that is automatically adjusted based on the number of channels in use. LED brightness can be controlled through I2C interface or PWM input. The device also support extensive fault detection features.
- Input voltage range 3 V to 48 V
- Up to 48-V Vout boost controller
- Six high-precision current sinks
- Supports built-in phase-shift PWM dimming, hybrid dimming, current dimming and direct PWM dimming mode
- LED brightness controlled globally through I2C interface or PWM input
- Extensive fault diagnostics