PGA460 ultrasonic proximity-sensing evaluation module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- PGA460PSM-EVM User's Guide
(PDF 784 KB)
15 Jul 2019
The PGA460PSM evaluation module (EVM) is a small-form-factor solution showcasing double-sided printed circuit board (PCB) spacing and the supporting component requirements for the PGA460 ultrasonic sensor signal conditioner. This hardware variant can only be operated in monostatic transducer mode. Monostatic transducer mode utilizes a single transducer to both transmit and receive the ultrasonic echo.
Because the PGA460 operates exclusively as slave device, a master controller or processor device is required to configure and run the PGA460. The user's guide for this EVM focuses on the master device, and only uses the MSP-EXP430F5529LP as an example master device for demonstration purposes when paired with the BOOSTXL-PGA460 evaluation module GUI software.
TI recommends that users first evaluate the performance of the PGA460 using the PGA460-Q1 EVM GUI software and MSP-EXP430F5529LP to become familiar with the device features, then advance to the small-form-factor reference design (TIDA-060024) once transducer selection and optimization has been finalized.
- Compatible with ultrasonic transducers operating at a center frequency between 30 kHz to 80 kHz and 180 kHz to 480 kHz
- Able to generate maximum sound-pressure level using transformer-driven methods
- Access to all communication interfaces offered by PGA460, including:
- One-wire UART
- Fully functional EVM includes GUI, quick-start demo procedure, USB interface and firmware, and detailed user's guide