Processor SDK (Software Development Kit) is a unified software platform for TI embedded processors providing easy setup and fast out-of-the-box access to benchmarks and demos. All releases of Processor SDK are consistent across TI’s broad portfolio, allowing developers to seamlessly reuse and migrate software across devices. Developing scalable platform solutions has never been easier than with the Processor SDK and TI’s embedded processor solutions.
Processor SDK includes support for both Linux and TI RTOS operating systems.
- Long-Term Stable (LTS) mainline Linux kernel support
- U-Boot bootloader support
- Yocto Project™ OE Core compatible file systems
- TI RTOS kernel, a light-weight real-time embedded operating system for TI devices
- Chip support libraries, drivers, and basic board support utilities
- Optimized C674x algorithm libraries
- Open Linux support
- Linux kernel and Bootloaders
- File system
- Example applications, including:
- ARM benchmarks Dhrystone, Linpack, Whetstone
- Code Composer Studio™ IDE for Linux development
- Full driver availability
- Debug and instrumentation utilities
- Board support package
- Demonstrations and examples
- Code Composer Studio™ IDE for RTOS development
Yocto Project Support:
The Yocto Project is an open-source collaboration spearheaded by the Linux Foundation to simplify the framework for building embedded Linux software distributions. TI makes this available through its Arago distribution. The Arago Project provides a verified, tested and supported subset of packages, built with a free and open tool chain. Additional resources on Yocto Project and TI’s Arago distribution are available at arago-project.org.
The Processor SDK is free and does not require any run-time royalties to Texas Instruments.